Tuesday, September 11, 2007

New Article on the effects of Gluten

I haven't posted in a while. Things got busy there for a while, with a lot of classes and training a new assistant. I plan to write at least weekly.

The topic of gluten intolerance has long been a favorite of mine. In my practice, I see so many major changes in people when they get the gluten out of their diets. Long standing problems often melt away within a few months, sometimes wthin a few weeks. The widespread effects of gluten intolerance can effect every organ system. Commonly overlooked as related to gluten intolerace are depression and anxiety, thyroiditis, balance problems, ADHD and autistic spectrum disorders, and neuromuscular disorders. I wrote an article called The Many Faces of Gluten Intolerance for a magazine called Purely Delicious. The full text is available in PDF form at http://www.purelydelicious.net/ . I also wrote a more technical article called The Role of Gluten in the Etiology of Neurodevelopmental Disorders for a professional journal called The Journal of Nutritional Perspectives.

Below is a link to a recently published article from msnbc.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20643573/site/newsweek/page/0/

All of our food preparation classes are gluten free. We have one coming up on September 26 for parents called Making Healthy Food a Hit with Kids. I will be posting details soon.

I will be publishing more gluten free recipes soon. Check back regularly. Sign up for our mailing list and newsletter at http://www.drritamarie.com/.

Healthfully yours,

Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo

No comments: